A number of case studies have been undertaken in WISE to support policy and planning. The following are examples of using WISE to explore plausible future outcomes in the Waikato Region. The early inital case studies were undertaken to provide an initial assessment of the ability of WISE to support policy and planning. More recent case studies have been undertaken to assess specific management/policy issues and to inform decision making.
Recent Case Studies:
- WRC Soil Strategy
- Coastal Inundation on Hauraki Plains
- Waikato Means Business - Growth Goals
- Waikato Population and Economic Projections
- Waipa Growth Strategy 2050
- Carbon Forestry
- Future Proof - Urban Growth
Inital Case Studies:
- Land Use Change
- The testing and evaluation using real-life case studies is part of an adaptive process of continuous improvement of the WISE model. Hence, the illustrated examples may not have used the latest version of WISE.
- While Waikato Regional Council and project partners and contributing contractors have exercised all reasonable skill and care in undertaking the case studies and controlling its outputs, Council and those project partners and contractors accept no liability in contract, tort or otherwise, for any loss, damage, injury or expense (whether direct, indirect or consequential) arising out of the provision of this information or its use by you or any party.